Preparation: 15 min.
Cooking: 30 min.
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 3 small shallots
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Apple liqueur (Fine Caroline, Michel Jodoin)
- ¾ cup (180 ml) chicken stock
- ¾ cup (180 ml) heavy cream (35%)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) freshly ground Kampot red pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- A pinch of Fleur de sel
- Let shallots simmer 1 to 2 minutes in the olive oil, making sure they do not get golden.
- Add the apple liqueur and reduce until almost all liquid has evaporated.
- Add chicken stock and let reduce to half.
- Blend in cream and very gently simmer for 10 minutes.
- When texture is rich and creamy, add
- Kampot pepper and remove from heat.
- Blend in butter and salt.
- Serve over chicken or veal prime rib.
Note | Pepper should never be added during active cooking, as heat will erase all traces of its subtle aromas.